Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Question Of Severity

HairbrushI had the intention, with an hour to go before supper time, of looking at my novel and trying to bash out some words, but a question suddenly struck me – so, being the idiot I am, I decided to write this blog post instead. 

Not that I have any real say in the matter, but I was just wondering how J will determine the severity/duration of the motivation spankings. I mean there are a number of tasks/chores on my list to be completed each week, and I think some are more important that others. Granted, they are all important, but weeding the borders, or cutting the grass, is far less important than say for example eating healthy and exercising. Is the spanking going to be the same regardless of how many or how few things on the list I complete?

The reason that I’m asking is pretty simple, lets say for sake of argument that I can’t be bothered to cut the grass this week; therefore, I know and accept the fact that I will be getting a motivational spanking. What then stops me from saying, ok, I know I’m getting a spanking, so where’s my motivation to complete any of the other tasks on the list for that week. We haven't gotten to that stage yet, and its something that we haven't really talked about, but it strikes me that it might be a good idea to get this point cleared up. That way we both know where we stand on this issue.

Obviously, this is really going to be up to J, but the only thing that immediately comes to mind where this question is concerned is to give each task specific weighting. For example, not exercising incurs X number of strokes, or X number of seconds to the timer with a specific instrument of doom. If the same task isn’t completed the following week then the weighting could double, that way it removes the temptation to ignore the lesser weighted tasks on the list. Don’t know, just a suggestion to get J thinking.

Not sure what would be more effective, using a set number of strokes, or a set amount of time – guess that’s not really my problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment